The following items must be satisfactorily submitted before registering for Health 251 - Clinical Externship:
- Verification copies of evidence of immunization
- Submit proof of insurance that provides accident and emergency room coverage. Students who do not currently have such coverage may contact the Student LIFE Office for a brochure that describes insurance that may be purchased through the College. Students are also strongly encouraged to purchase a medical insurance policy to cover illness.
- Submit proof of a current "CPR for the Health Care Provider" or "CPR for the Professional Rescuer" card. The CPR card must be updated annually. Additionally, students must submit proof of a current "Basic First Aid" card, valid for three years.
- Submit copy of HIV/AIDS 7-hour training certificate of completion.
- Criminal Background Checks - Each student is required to submit the appropriate documentation of a criminal background check prior to their clinical externship. The background check is part of contractual agreements between Everett Community College and its clinical externship sites. The information obtained may be shared with the clinical sites. It is the student’s responsibility to obtain the necessary documents and to incur all related costs and fees. NOTICE: If a student has a misdemeanor or felony criminal record, the clinical facilities may deny an externship to the student.