Join EvCC's MESA Community!
The Mathematics, Engineering, Science Achievement (MESA) Program at EvCC provides resources and extra support to students who want to transfer to four‐year colleges or universities in pursuit of Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) based degrees.
EvCC's MESA program is part of a nationally recognized academic support program that looks beyond traditional student populations to meet current, future, and global workforce demands in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) fields.
Specifically, the goal of MESA is to increase the number of historically underrepresented (African American, Native American, Latino/Hispanic, or Pacific Islander/Hawaiian) community college students who are prepared to transfer to 4-year colleges or universities in pursuit of STEM related degrees, and ultimately careers. Undocumented students are welcome to apply.
You may be eligible for the MESA program if you:
- Are the first person in your family to go to college
- Are a historically underrepresented minority in STEM
- Do not have a bachelor's degree
- Intend to transfer to a four-year school to earn a STEM degree
- Are eligible for financial aid as determined by the FAFSA or WAFSA, work study, or are at or below the federal poverty level
MESA Student Support Services
Students who participate in MESA receive one-on-one and group support to help them reach their goals:
- Academic advising
- Transfer planning
- Academic excellence workshops
- Industry field trips to local companies
- Dedicated study space