In 2003, EvCC students approved a technology enhancement fee, assessed beginning Fall Quarter 2003, for the purpose of providing upgraded basic technology capability college-wide beyond what is provided through normal state funding.
The fee is $3.50 per credit, with a maximum of $35 per quarter.
The eTech Fee provides Everett Community College students with:
- Several hundred more computers with Microsoft Word available to students.
- $35,000 to $40,000 to provide loaner laptops for student use with Microsoft Word and printing capability in the Parks Student Union, Terrey Library and Rainier Hall Learning Assistance Center.
- $60,000 to increase student access to 400 existing classroom computers outside of class time.
- $40,000 to allow every student to have an account and gain network access on the main campus and at satellite centers.
- $320,000 reserved to replace/upgrade student computers every three years.
- $6,000 to $12,000 establishes new student workstations for satellite centers: Aviation and Corporate & Continuing Education Center (CCEC) in south Everett and Cosmetology in Marysville