Quarterly Application Priority Dates
Applications submitted by the dates below will be given priority for processing and registration.
- Fall – May 1 Earlybird - April 18
- Winter – November 1
- Spring – February 1
1. Decide if Running Start is for you
- Talk to your High School Counselor & your parents to determine if Running Start is for you.
- Check out a Running Start information session at your high school or at the college.
- The ACCUPLACER test fee ($30) must be paid prior to testing.
- All three parts of the ACCUPLACER (Reading, Writing, and Math) must be taken.
- Upload a copy of your SmarterBalance Test Scores AND HS transcript to your RS Application to waive the ACCUPLACER test.
- Students should place into English 101 if they are considering doing Running Start.
3. Complete your Running Start Application
4. Submit online application and test scores
- Be sure to upload test scores and/or SmarterBalance scores with a high school transcript.
5. Check your Email
You will receive an acceptance email with your Student ID number and next steps which include:
- Mandatory Online Orientation
- Running Start Orientation (link in your acceptance email)
- Entry Advising: Entry Advising Preparation Sheet
- Running Start Enrollment Verification Form (Spanish)