Cost and Estimated Expenses

You need to be prepared for the following expenses while studying at EvCC.

International student 2015 - 2016 cost and estimated expenses


9 months
(3 quarters)

Per Quarter
(3 months)

Tuition and Fees * $ 8,982 $2,994
Books and Supplies $ 1,050 $   350
Rooms and Board $ 5,985 $1,995
Personal/Miscellaneous** $    975 $   325
Health Insurance $    813 $   271
Estimated Total*** $17,805 $5,935

*Tuition is based on taking 12 credits per quarter. Immigration requires that students take at least 12 credits per quarter. Students enrolled in our Intensive English Program, levels 1 and 2, will be required to take 18 credits (see below for breakdown cost per credit). All students, regardless of the type of courses being taken, will be charged other fees such as a lab fee and parking fee, depending on their use. Tuition is due at the time of registration.
**Personal/Miscellaneous expenses reflect about $110 per month. Depending on your lifestyle, personal expenses may change.
***For Aviation Acrobat PDF Reader Icon, Cosmetology Acrobat PDF Reader Icon and Welding Acrobat PDF Reader Icon majors please view the Cost and Estimated Expenses for these programs.

The following is a breakdown on the cost per credit:

International student tuition rates for 2015 - 2016 academic year

Other Non-Residents

Credits   Amount per quarter
12   $2,993.76
13   $3,051.84
14   $3,109.92
15   $3,168.00
16   $3,226.08
17   $3,284.16
18   $3,342.24
19   $3,610.92
20   $3,879.60

Q & A

Can International Students Wire Money to Pay for Tuition and Fees?

Yes, for tuition and fees only and not for living or homestay expenses.
When you wire the money, please send an email specifically to the email address below with your full name (last name and first name) and student id # informing EvCC the amount of money you sent.

Our banking information is:
Bank Name:
Bank Address:
Bank ABA Number:
Account Name:
Account Number:
Phone Number:
Fax Number:
Email Address:

US Bank
1702 Hewitt Avenue, Everett, WA 98201
Everett Community College
Lisa Smith

Are International Students Required to Have Health Insurance?

Yes, all international students must demonstrate that they have adequate health insurance. Medical care in the US is very good, but very expensive. The College offers a quarterly policy for $270.06 per quarter, mandatory to all international students.

Can International Students Work On-Campus?

International students are eligible to work on-campus, part-time.  If you are interested in this you must speak with the International Student Advisor first, since a U.S. Social Security Number must be obtained before employment can begin. There are a number of student employment positions available at the College. Students can generally apply for jobs in various areas on campus, some of which include: Student Life, Staff Services, and Maintenance. Jobs on campus are competitive, and we cannot guaranteed that you will find a job, therefore it is not recommended that you plan on having income from an on-campus job in order to pay your expenses. In almost every case, off-campus employment is not allowed for international students.

Are There Scholarships Available for International Students?

International students are eligible to apply for regular College scholarships. Scholarships are usually awarded to students with high grades who also have demonstrated additional talents and involvement in the College. The deadline for scholarships is usually in March.

Can International Students Apply for Financial Aid?

No, international students are not eligible for federal or state financial aid programs.